It’s been a great three months, and out of a hundred things, 95 have been good. So, sometimes, I don’t understand why I stress myself out when most of our problems are great problems to have.
But the details matter. That’s where real progress lies.
Our second “upgraded” version of the sunglasses turned out to be worse than the original – we fixed a couple of things, and then unintentionally downgraded a couple of things, so much so that I’m a little embarrassed. We are now working on re-fixing all that.
All our formalized former waste pickers now have health insurance, but they don’t know how to use it. Some of them have ayurvedic or homeopathic doctors that they go to, who are rarely covered. It turns out that it’s not just about getting health insurance for our former waste-pickers, it’s also about showing them how to use it. And we are just getting started.
We don’t do provident fund contributions for them either, and I’m not sure if that’s right or wrong? Money in hand for them right now might be worth more than more money much later. When we ask them what they want, it’s generally a confused look – some combination of what is this, and I guess it’s good?
We are also working on an upgraded version of the material – better properties, greener additives. And we’ve made some leaps that are exciting, but we are still not there. That last 5-10% is always tough.
And simultaneously, all the irrelevant noise around us only seems to be increasing, as we try to stay true to our signal.
So this dreamy, scary trip continues to confound.
Manisha, our new Director of Growth, in her true biz-devy style, told me that these letters are cool and all, but maybe we should add a “how-you-can-support-us” bit at the end? Good idea, I said, but I don’t want to bastardize these letters? Maybe it won’t? Either way, worth experimenting.
So, we could you use some support here if you think that’s worth your while:
- We are looking for fellow direct-to-consumer brands who might be interested in incorporating our material into their product. Know anyone?
- We are thinking of trying international markets, starting first with good old Dubai. Any leads would be welcome.
- We are looking for 5k-10k sqft of space here in MIDC, Bhosari in Pune. If you know anyone who knows anyone who can help, that would be sweet.
- We are also hiring for a Content Creator.
- And we are always looking for materials science guidance on the finishing and final quality of our material, in case you or someone you know is an expert in the science of plastics and polymers.
Yes, do let me know if you think those support requests are burdening the sanctity of these letters – I’ll let Manisha know :).